Friday, September 30, 2011

Collard Greens With Pig Tails And Vinegar Infused With Tabasco Peppers

Remember when I went to visit my friends Lorraine and Roger at their farm in the country? Well, one of the gifts they gave me was one of Roger's concoctions...Vinegar infused with red Tabasco peppers.
                                      
Roger's Vinegar Infused With Tabasco Peppers
                                                           
So I was thinking about some ideas as to how I could use this. I looked at what I had in the fridge and saw the collard greens I had bought. A huge bunch of fresh collard greens and guess what else...pig tails! Yes...that's right...PIG LOVERS UNITE!!! I almost forgot to take pictures, so as you can see, my pig tail is partially eaten...

Collard Greens With Pig Tails
                                                            

 Here's how I made my collard greens with pig tails:
  • Break stems off collard greens, rinse leaves and chop coarsely.
  • In a large pot on high heat, add pig tails, chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, fresh ground garlic, chicken stock, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 10 minutes.
  • Add chopped collard greens, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
  • Stir and add more water if needed.
  • Continue cooking covered for 10 more minutes, or until collard greens are tender.

    Just Had To Try Those Tabasco Peppers...
Roger's vinegar infused with Tabasco peppers was the perfect compliment to the collard greens. I couldn't resist trying some of the Tabasco peppers too. As you can see, I cracked open the bottle to retrieve some of the peppers. I squashed and mixed them in my collard greens...delicious!

Yummy!...Thanks Roger!

                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment