Wednesday, October 5, 2011

End Of Summer And The Key Lime Season

On Sunday afternoon I was working in the garden and decided to check on the Key Lime Tree growing in our backyard. There were some lovely Key Limes basking in the afternoon sunlight. This is the last of the crop for this year.

Last Key Lime Crop For The Summer
                                                       

In Trinidad, one of the favorite drinks that we grew up with is fresh squeezed lime juice. When we say lime juice, we are actually referring to the drink, "Lime Juice", and not just the juice extracted from the lime. I had so many Key Limes that I haven't yet used, so I decided that the best thing to do would be to squeeze the juice and save it for future use. The Key Lime Juice has a pretty good shelf life so I'm estimating that when my family comes to Gainesville for Christmas, I will still have enough to make them a nice tropical dessert during winter.

Squeezed Key Lime Juice For Making Desserts And Drinks
                                                     
Stay tuned for my next blog post where I will share an easy lime juice recipe and a famous ingredient from Trinidad & Tobago...

No comments:

Post a Comment